Saturday, January 13, 2007

Friday: on the loose!

Finally, the day we've all been waiting for! Today was totally unscheduled, so we had time to do the things we were interested in doing on our own. So, for me the day included climbing 256 up to the largest out-door buddah statue on a near-by island, putting my feet in the sand at a beautiful beach on Hong Kong island, shopping and then the finale was dinner on the Jumbo floating restaurant. Feast your eyes on these pics!!

First, there was a tram up and over to the mountain where the Po Lin monastery and buddah is.


Then the BIG BUDDAH!!

And more pics from the monastery










And would you believe that this beach exists in Hong Kong, which is the most densely populated place on earth? You don't see it in this picture, but there's a net in the water to keep the sharks out of the beach area!



We had an awesome meal at the Jumbo.





and then I capped the night off with a foot massage from a Chinese reflexologist, Dr. Harry. It was so awesome, and I left with a new pair of feet! I think I should do that more often :)




No comments: